Thursday, May 14, 2009

Back Home

Well, after a layover in Amsterdam (complete with a visit to the Anne Frank House) Matt and I made it back to the USA safely yesterday afternoon. We had an amazing vacation. We went on safari to Amboseli (park in front of Mount Kilimanjaro), Ngorongoro Crater (Tanzania) and Lake Manyara. We saw tons of zebras, baboons, wildebeast and elephants; lions mating; and 5 rhinos (very rare)! I'll try to post some pictures on Facebook tomorrow. We then spent a few days in Ngong before coming home. Matt was able to spend a few days with the kids and my host family, which was great.

Leaving Kenya was really hard. It's strange being back. It's so calm and organized here, and I sort of miss the chaos. I'm definitely having some reverse culture shock, but mainly I just miss the kids (so much!!). It's been a little rough, but I think it may be worse once it all really sinks in. I'll write a final post in a couple of days, but I wanted to let everyone know that we made it home okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment